Re: [lvs-users] keepalived

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] keepalived
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 15:50:47 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007, Andre Weitekamp wrote:

> Hello! I've a problem with keepalived. When the http
> service is not available than the server is removed from
> the pool, but when the service is running the server will
> not come back in the pool. Does someone had the same
> Problem and can tell me why?

I'm not a keepalived person, but since we haven't been
getting a lot of replies from Alexandre (or Horm for
ldirectord), I'm going to have a go at it (everyone else
feel free to step in).

I seem to remember that keepalived sends the signals that a
machine is up or down, but you have to write the scripts to
take it out of service of bring it back into service. Do you
have a script that brings the server/service back
on-line/adds it to ipvsadm?