Re: [lvs-users] keepalived

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] keepalived
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:23:36 +0100
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 19:16 +0200, Andre Weitekamp wrote:
> I've found the problem. I don't need any scripts or something else.
> Keepalived add and remove the Server.
> Keepalived has 4 Healthckeck frameworks. I used SSL_GET and HTTP_GET,
> but the two methods doesn't add the server back. I don't know why, but
> TCP_CHECK do this. So I use TCP_CHECK with the connect_port option and
> all is well.

To reiterate what I said in response to your post, you didn't configure
the HTTP_GEt or SSL_GET properly in the first place - it needs a
response code. Unfortunately the config parser in keepalived is not what
it could be; ideally it would cough and fall over if it found a check
misconfigured like that.

Making it use TCP_CHECK is all well and good... until your webserver
jams up because too many clients are connected. It'll still accept
connections but will report BUSY instead of OK when a proper request is
made, but the TCP_CHECK simply completes the SYN SYN/ACK ACK three-way
handshake and then closes the connection. As long as you remember that,
you'll be OK with it.

> By the way. Now I've the problem with the alert email. Everytime I get a
> 501 Error from the smtp protocol. :)

501 means that something wasn't right in the command's arguments. You
may need to debug that further, but I'd surmise that there's a delay
before HELO/EHLO and keepalived merrily goes on without handling the
delay.

Graeme