[lvs-users] LVS-DR vs. LVS-NAT

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] LVS-DR vs. LVS-NAT
From: andreas2008 <andreas.altenburg@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 01:06:28 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I am al little bit confused about what will be the best for me. As I've
learned, when using LVS-NAT all the traffic will be routed back via the
director. In fact, I do not want the real server to have a public IP.
Imagine the following configuration:

director has a public IP, the VIP is within the same subnet. The real
servers should have private IP. So I guess, the only solution is LVS-NAT. Am
I right? Or is it possible to use LVS-DR with only private IPs on the real
servers a route via the director?

Andreas