Re: [lvs-users] Problems when combining TCP and UDP on the same port

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Problems when combining TCP and UDP on the same port
From: "Andrzej Lisowski" <andrzej.lisowski@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:50:22 +0100
Hi Joe,

When I monitor the traffic on the wire using ethereal than I can see
that there are periodic requests sent from ldirecord towards the real
servers. At the moment when one of the real server crashes the message
flow towards this host looks as follows:

Linux Director                          Real Server
     |                [SYN]                 |
     | -----------------------------------> |
     |              [RST, ACK]              |
     | <----------------------------------- |

This sequence is repeated every 5 seconds. At this stage I can't see
whether these requests refer to TCP or to UCP since the URL is normally
sent after successful syncing. I have separate URLs for TCP and UDP
traffic.

When the real server is up and running the message flow between
ldirectord and the real server looks as follows:

Linux Director                          Real Server
     |                [SYN]                 |
     |              [SYN, ACK]              |
     |                [ACK]                 |
     |         [PSH, ACK] (with URL)        |
I hope that this answers your question.

Best regards,
Andrzej.