Re: [lvs-users] Director as a Client

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Director as a Client
From: eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:08:00 -0400
Quoting Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008, eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> There is alot of documentation on this. Essentially, I'm running
>> keepalived and LVS on a server doing only direct routing. I need to
>> check content for sites the server is load balancing, but I can't do
>> it on the VIP. I have to do it using a port on the real server IP.
>
> you want to do health checking in an LVS-DR setup?

yeah it's not that simple. I use keepalived so *it* has to do the
health checks and etc, which is why I need to be able to have the
director function as a client as well...

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed. This communication may contain material protected by
the attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.