[lvs-users] lvs - how to estimate weights

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] lvs - how to estimate weights
From: Alex <linux@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:55:42 +0200
[snip from lvs docs]
During configuration, you assign a weight to each real server. This is an
integer reflecting each server's processing capacity relative to that of the
others. It is the ratio (2/1, 20/10, 200/100) that is significant. For
example, a weight of 2000 assigned to a server indicates that it has twice
the computing power of a server assigned a weight of 1000.You should be
prepared to assign accurate weights
[end snip]

So WEIGHT is an integer reflecting each server's processing capacity based on:
- memory,
- processor speed,
- number of processors

Now, we have 3 real servers, all having only one processor, as follow:

Server1:
CELERON_1GHz_384MB
Server2:
P3_1GHz_512MB
Server3:
CELERON_850MHz_128MB

Can somebody tell me how to estimate weight for each?

Regards,
Alx