[lvs-users] Ldirector and swtich caching

Subject: [lvs-users] Ldirector and swtich caching
From: "Brandon Hilkert" <bhilkert@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 09:52:11 -0500
We have an ldirector box and a backup machine for it. We're in the testing
phases of the failover, but I'm wondering how people handle the failure from a
network standpoint. Most of our switches are in their default configurations
and are caching addresses, so traffic wouldn't go where it should when the
backup ldirector comes up.

Are people doing things like this just disable caching for the particular port
of the ldirectors, or the entire switch?

Thanks,
Brandon