[lvs-users] Ldirectord not working with heartbeat, works standalone

Subject: [lvs-users] Ldirectord not working with heartbeat, works standalone
From: Dusan Djordjevic <dusan.djordjevic@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:33:17 +0100
Hi all,

After solving my previous problem today on this list (regarding NAT
and default gateway) I decided to have following setup:

-2 LVS servers
-Heartbeat for high availability
-One floating public IP for service
-One floating GW IP, to be used by real servers as default gateway.

I set up heartbeat with 2 ip addresses and it works fine. Now I am
trying to setup ldirectord. This is my configuration file:

checktimeout=3
checkinterval=1
quiescent=no

virtual=192.168.21.150:80
        real=192.168.20.1:80 masq 3
        real=192.168.20.2:80 masq 3
        real=192.168.20.3:80 masq 3
        service=http
        request="/shared/info.php"
        receive="192.168.20."
        scheduler=wlc
        persistent=900
        netmask=255.255.255.0
        protocol=tcp

When I start Heartbeat with 2 IP addresses and ldirector manually,
outside of heartbeat, everything works fine. But when I add ldirectord
to heartbeat as resource, it fails on startup. Any idea why same setup
won't work when started from heartbeat, but works standalone ?

TIA

--
Dusan Djordjevic, CMO | Troxo doo | http://www.troxo.com
tel +381 18 29 29 40 | fax +381 18 526 917 | mob +381 69 22 44 617