Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS not forwarding packets to real servers
From: Bruce Richardson <itsbruce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:17:12 +0000
On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:27:49AM -0800, Michael Moody wrote:
> 2. Why won't DR work with private ip ranges? We're using DR just fine with
> realservers being private ips (192.168.1.x).

Then your router must be aware of the internal network address.  If the
router were only aware of your public ip addresses then your directors
would have to use LVS-NAT.  I have used LVS in several hosting
environments where the hosting company's routers were only aware of the
public netblock and the directors were also firewalls and NATted traffic
between the internal network and the Net.

--
Bruce

It is impolite to tell a man who is carrying you on his shoulders that
his head smells.