Re: [lvs-users] debian lenny-lvs virtual IP

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] debian lenny-lvs virtual IP
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:25:20 +0000
On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 14:17 +0100, Marek Soha wrote:
> It's not one node cluster...topology is:

In heartbeat terms, it is a one-node cluster.

> I want loadb1 to do loadbalancing the mysql load to two database
> servers without MASQ.

If you only want a single director, you don't need heartbeat,

Heartbeat provides High Availability of a given service (in this case,
the load balancer and VIP). The clue is in the name of the project
providing heartbeat - Linux-HA.

Ldirectord provides load balancing between a number of servers (in this
case your database servers). It's the Linux Director Daemon (or Load
Director Daemon, to borrow terminology from a commercially available
hardware platform).

If you only have a single server participating in your HA setup, it's
not HA :)

Forget heartbeat.

Graeme