Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Constant chatter
From: "lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:08:01 -0500
> If your Apache vhosts are providing some test site such as
> "lvstest.yourdomain.co.uk", then send this:
>
> send = "GET / HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: lvstest.yourdomain.co.uk\r\n\r\n"
> expect = "HTTP/1.1 200 OK"

Do you mean if I have a server I can just throw this at which isn't going to
cause any problems? Sure, I can set that up pretty quick. The site that lvs is
actually trying to get/expect from is a joomla site, perhaps this is the
reason? Maybe joomla is not using standard HTTP headers?

Perhaps someone else is using joomla as the main site? Maybe I should re-port
this message with a subject reflecting this question.

> Clearly you will need to adjust that to match your local virtual host
> configuration.

Yes, and I've been trying various things, reading, looking, haven't found
anything on it yet.

> If you continue to experience failures then something is wrong *outside*
> your LVS (Piranha?) configuration, likely with Apache on the vhosts
> themselves.

I am starting to wonder if I have some sort of timing issue because the
machines are all virtual. I've posted a message about that part on vmware
forums.

Mike