Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord feature patch - add abilility to signal syste

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] ldirectord feature patch - add abilility to signal system maintenance
Cc: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Geoff Harrison <geoff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:19:05 -0400
we actually use the existing infrastructure for this.  service checks
go to a script that returns OK if the system is available for new
connections, or doesn't if it is down

for our mysql checks we do something like 'select * from
ldirectord_pool where enabled=1' and truncate those tables when we're
taking a box out for maint.

however - it would be nice if we could do something like continue
routing old connections...  but that would require something in terms
of ipvs level support I'm thinking

Geoff Harrison
Chief Architect
The Hive