Re: [lvs-users] 443 traffic woes., but port 80 fine.

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] 443 traffic woes., but port 80 fine.
From: Brent Clark <brentgclarklist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 19:52:57 +0200
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Sep 2009, Brent Clark wrote:
>
>> Hiya
>>
>> Im hoping someone would be kind to help me with my load balancing or
>> least overlook my configs / setup, as im struggling to loadbalance all
>> SSL / HTTPS traffic.
>
> have you gone through all the standard things for setting up
> https under LVS?
>
> http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.services.single-port.html#https
>
> Joe

Hiya

Thanks for this. I have re read this document a million times today to get a
comprehensive understanding, and ... I think im still lost.

As said port 80 is working, and so if I understand this document correctly. I
am to setup my LVS, and then bind apache's https vhost ip to that of my VIP.

If thats the case, then perfect, cause I see that working. But now for my next
question, how do I get loadbalancing working. I.e. Send / forward https
requests / connections to another machine.

Thanks in advance if someone can help me understand this more.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark