Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Broadcom bug

To: Aleksey Chudov <aleksey@xxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS and Broadcom bug
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:42:19 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Aleksey Chudov wrote:

> Hello,
>
> ip_forward is disabled by default and I doesn't enable it for my DR setup.
>
> I seems my version of ethtool 6 doesn't know anything about LRO.
> How could I see is LRO enabled or disabled?

        According to drivers/net/bnx2x_main.c bnx2x_init_bp()
can alter LRO:

        /* Set TPA flags */
        if (disable_tpa) {
                bp->flags &= ~TPA_ENABLE_FLAG;
                bp->dev->features &= ~NETIF_F_LRO;
        } else {
                bp->flags |= TPA_ENABLE_FLAG;
                bp->dev->features |= NETIF_F_LRO;
        }

        You probably can disable it as follows:

modprobe bnx2x disable_tpa=1

or in /etc/modprobe.conf:
options bnx2x disable_tpa=1

        For checking the current state you can look at the
module parameters for disable_tpa:

cat /sys/module/<MODULE>/parameters/...

Regards

--