Re: [lvs-users] Unpredicatable failover

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Unpredicatable failover
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:12:39 +0000
On Fri, 2010-02-12 at 19:11 +0000, Robin Bowes wrote:
> Hmm, that's peculiar.

Maybe - but not so unusual :)

> The two servers are both connected to the same (GBit) switch.

Righto.

> I wonder if this is the CentOS NIC driver bug that I remember reading
> about vaguely?

It might be. Can you turn the pulse log level up any (bearing in mind I
have no idea how it works) and see what that tells you?

There are loads of reasons why packets can be delayed or "go missing",
so let's start by looking at what the application is saying before we
start to speculate...

Graeme