[lvs-users] NAT timeout question/issue

Subject: [lvs-users] NAT timeout question/issue
From: Gary Smith <gary.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:30:54 -0700
I'm running into an issue where load balanced SMTP fails after about 10-20
seconds.  The mail server reports that the connection was basically abandoned
by the clients, in this case, a corporate email server.  We only see this issue
when large emails are coming through.

Switching it from -s wlc to -p works, but I really want the benefit of wlc.
The servers are NAT'ing as well.  Is there something I can do about the timeout
or should I just stick with -p with a reasonable timeout (600 seconds or
something).

Does anyone have any recommendations and would like to share how they have
ipvsadm configure for their smtp servers.

Gary-