[lvs-users] ipvs not doing any link balancing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] ipvs not doing any link balancing
From: Sivaraman Kannan <k.sivaraman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:16:16 +0530
Hi guys
    I have a setup where I have three interfaces on my linux box, one is a
LAN interface and two are connected to the internet and I want to do link
balancing of all packets coming from the LAN onto the two WAN interfaces.

I have configured ipvs to do the link balancing (scheduling is weighted
round-robin) using the following command for each WAN interface:

ipvsadm -a -f <fwmark> -r wan_real_server_ip -z wan_interface -w weight -j

Right now, the behavior is that LVS does not do any link balancing, but only
sends it out of one interface (i think the first interface that came up).
ipvsadm -lnc shows a whole bunch of connections in SYN_RECV state...anything
which came in on the other interface never gets a reply.

If I specify the real server IP as the WAN gateway instead of the interface
IP itself, it works but I really need this scenario to work. Any
suggestions? Do you need more information? Please let me know. Thanks!

regards
Siva.