Re: [lvs-users] postfix problem - lost connection after CONNECT

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] postfix problem - lost connection after CONNECT
From: Michael Schhwartzkopff <misch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:35:05 +0200
On Thursday 30 September 2010 21:15:29 George Machitidze wrote:
> You mean that we can do with separate physical interface with IP specified?
>
> On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM, Michael Schwartzkopff <
>
> misch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 29 September 2010 21:28:51 George Machitidze wrote:
> > > Thanks Michael
> > >
> > > Is this applicable for our LVS server if we are trying to connect *to
> >
> > the*
> >
> > > *VIP of this LVS server* *from* the *LVS server* itself and there will
> > > be no need to change our rules, just an upgrade of kernel?
> > >
> > > Where can we find the patch for kernel? I don't see any changes in
> >
> > mainline
> >
> > > *2.6.36-rc6 :(*
> > >
> > > Currently we use kernel-2.6.34.7-56.fc13.x86_64 (Fedora) with generic
> > > patches, we can ask Fedora to include them as fix before 3.6.36 will be
> > > included (probably FC14, ~1 month left)
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know the exact behaviour of netfilter / ipvs on NAT for
> > connections from the LVS to the LVS. But why don't you just use the
> > normal, not the virtual IP address for such connections?
> >
> > I also don't know exactly about fedora because I am more familiar with
> > debian
> > and ubuntu. Perhaps you ask "horms" on the list for details of the
> > patches in
> > Fedora.
> >
> > Greetings,

I mean: My loadbalancers have a dedicated address which is the primary address
of the machine. The VIP Is a secondary IP address on that interface.

All traffic dedicated to the machine itself is addressed to the primary IP and
all traffic that should undergo loadbalancing if addressed to the second IP.

Greetings,

--
Dr. Michael Schwartzkopff
Guardinistr. 63