Re: [lvs-users] is it possible to have ldirector and real cluster server

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] is it possible to have ldirector and real cluster server on same physical machine?
From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 11:08:45 +0100
Hello Simon,

thank you for your fast response! I am happy for every feedback.
Actually I thought I can have more than one active ldirector (for failover and
ldirector load balancing).

Well, okay let's do ldirector with one node.
I refer to your Ultramonkey Howto.

----- On my first node I run ldirector and cluster node ---
eth0 is real IP and lo:0 is virtual IP. So I do have to arp_announce on lo:0
butnot arp_ignore.
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce = 1 # enable the feature
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_anounce = 1

----- On my second and n+1 node I run only cluster nodes ---
eth0 is real IP and lo:0 is virtual IP. So I do have to arp_ignore on lo:0 but
not arp_announce.
net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore = 1 # enable the feature
net.ipv4.conf.lo.arp_ignore = 1

Is this correct?

Thank for directing me into right direction.
Andrew