Re: [lvs-users] is it possible to have ldirector and real cluster server

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] is it possible to have ldirector and real cluster server on same physical machine?
From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 12:35:40 +0100
Hi Jeff,

I know this page.
The picture in there shows that the ldirector have seperate IPs.
But I have ldirector directly on the real servers.
Furthermore I've bought the package SLES11 HAE and it shipps pacemaker instead
of heartbeart.
So some parameters are not available anymore etc. etc.
And if I refer to this page and set the arp settings like described, the
cluster does not respond anymore.

These are the facts I do not use the package but only ldirector at the moment.

As Simon explained me before - arp entries should look different on ldirector
server and on real server.

Novell itself has not enought knowledge in their product to support me - this
means quite a lot.

Best regards
Andrew