Re: [lvs-users] -x (or --u-threshold) Limits Not Working Right

To: "Julian Anastasov" <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] -x (or --u-threshold) Limits Not Working Right
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 04:46:23 -0800
>       The algorithm counts both active and inactive
> connections when checking the threshold, i.e. states before
> and after ESTABLISHED.
> It hurts that SYN states are counted as inactive because it
> causes bad scheduling even for WLC/LC schedulers. Do you see
> that active+inactive sum exceeds the threshold of 150?

I did check for that. When I ran ipvsadm, I saw only a few inactive
connections, perhaps less than 5 or 6. The total active+inactive did not
appear to be anywhere near the -x threshold, which is what bothered me.
Although I do not like the fact that inactive connections are counted, I
can almost understand why it does that. But in this case, the numbers
did not seem to make any sense.

--Eric

Disclaimer - February 10, 2012
solely for Julian Anastasov,lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx If you are not
the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this
email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician
Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician
Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.