Re: [lvs-users] How does the director server connect with eah real serve

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] How does the director server connect with eah real server ?
From: Hatt Tom <net.study.sea@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 22:30:37 +0800
thanks for reply !

Actually I meaned the DR mode , The document says that the Load
balancer will transfer user's packets to realserver ,
then realserver will reply directly to user   after processing the packets .

my question is how does the real server reply directly to users ?
does real server have public ip ?

2014/1/1 Horst Venzke-Fa Remsnet Ltd <support@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> Hello Hatt Tom,
>
> That depends on what LVS Mode you use.
>
> at LVS DR , the LVS Director (  aka "LB") the LB and realservers are allmost
> the same network .
> default Route of realservers  to network´s default route
>
> at LVS NAT , the LVS Director (  aka "LB") realservers are not at the same
> network ,
> LB are in Front of the Realservers.
> default Route of realservers  to LB ´s NAT network.
>
> see http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/
>

> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards
>
> Horst Venzke ; PGP NET : 1024G/082F2E6D ;  http://www.remsnet.de
>
> Legal Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or
> confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any
> review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received
> this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and
> immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.
>

>> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 01. Januar 2014 um 14:45 Uhr
>> Von: "Hatt Tom" <net.study.sea@xxxxxxxxx>
>> An: "LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list."
>> <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Betreff: [lvs-users] How does the director server connect with eah real
>> server ?
>>
>> Does director server and real server working in on LAN ?
>> If so , could I consider the director server as on route of the LAN ?
>> Does it has many network interfaces to connect with several real
>> servers ?
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards!

Best Regards!