Re: hard wired solution to arp problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hard wired solution to arp problem
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 19:22:00 +0100
On 1999-12-01T13:14:50,
   Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> oops I asked the wrong question. If two linux boxes are joined by a normal
> IPIP tunnel connection (not an LVS) and there is no MAC associatied with
> the tunl0 devices at each end of the link, then how to the packets get
> from one machine to the other.

The packets are encapsulated via IPIP and send to the tunl endpoint's "real"
IP where they are decapsulated again and appear in the tunl interface.

You do not need a MAC address for p2p interface types, or logical interfaces
like tunnels etc.

> thanks for the link to iputils and fake.

iputils is very useful, it is what I use for IPAT. fake looked ... not useful
to me.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--