new LVS-HOWTO

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: new LVS-HOWTO
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:33:53 -0500 (EST)
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/lvs_configure-2.2.13.6.tar.gz

the configure files are the same and don't need updating for the recent
(28Nov99) 0.9.5-2.2.13 ipvs patch.

The HOWTO in this tarball has fixes to the explanation about arp'ing,
prompted by Julian's posting about dummy0 devices on 2.2.x kernels. There
will be more coming on this matter as I haven't got it all straight yet.

Also included is information to configure an LVS for VS-DR with the VIP on
eth0:1 or eth1 and information on settin up an LVS by putting a permanent
entry for the VIP in the router arp cache (no patches needed on the
realservers).

Will be leaving for a month hiking in Australia in a few days. I probably
won't be sending any updates before I go. All the best for the holiday
season and see you in the New Year.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx