[lvs-users] IP management & LinuxDirector

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] IP management & LinuxDirector
From: "Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 14:05:51 -0800
Hello,

This is my first post to the list after having read through some of the archived material.  First off I would like to complement the developers as it is nice to see Linux's( and in general free software ) functionality growing by the day.

I would like to inquire about some of the LVS's functionality.

A. Is it possible to limit the total number of connections the the real sever to a non-power of 2? ie the value offered durring kernel config.  Perhaps by hand in the source code. ie 350?

B. Is it fesable for myself or other interested parties to add some IP management functionality to the LVS.  For example we would be using the LVS to distribute load to an internal set of servers and it would be nice to say network number xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is only allowed a total of 10 connections.  If there is a way to do this with out moifiing the source it would be preferrable.  We would be using VS-NAT for 4 HP9000s(now pushing 5 years old and only 10baseT). If a source modification is the only way where would you suggest starting, I haven't looked through the source much yet but I was thinking maybe before hashing the connection or accepting it, but as I said I'm not fimilar with it's internals yet.

C.  What would you compare the current, unmodified LVS, stabiltiy to?  I have heard about www.linux.org and that basically sells me.

D. What is the current connection timeout period for VS-NAT?

Ty Beede
Metrolist Services, Inc.