Re: [lvs-users] IP management & LinuxDirector

To: Ty Beede <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] IP management & LinuxDirector
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 15:46:52 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Ty Beede wrote:

> B. Is it fesable for myself or other interested parties to add some IP
> management functionality to the LVS.  For example we would be using
> the LVS to distribute load to an internal set of servers and it would
> be nice to say network number xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is only allowed a total
> of 10 connections.  If there is a way to do this with out moifiing the
> source it would be preferrable.

No.

The next question is what are you trying to accomplish?Do you not want to
overload this machine/can you put up with 20 connections to save yourself
writing some code? Most people are happy to let the realservers handle the
load the best way they can.

> We would be using VS-NAT for 4
> HP9000s(now pushing 5 years old and only 10baseT). If a source
> modification is the only way where would you suggest starting,

look at

ip_vs_xxx.c

where xxx is wlc, rr ...

these are quite short modules and just implement the balancing
algorithm. You can put your own algorithm in there instead.

> D. What is the current connection timeout period for VS-NAT?

it's in there somewhere :-0 I think it's 30mins

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx