[lvs-users] activeconns & inactconns variables

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] activeconns & inactconns variables
From: "Ty Beede" <tybeede@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:42:40 -0800
I am curious about the implementation of the inactconns and activeconns variables in the lvs source code.  I keep requesting information but nobody seems to be responding, I hope I'm not committing some sort of faux pas...

My question is to simply confirm my understanding of the implementation of the inactconns and activeconns variables in the source code.  As I understand it the inactconns variable represents the total number of connections is an inactive state of a real server, ie they are about to mature into an active state on the compleation of the hand shaking process or they are about to be removed on compleation of the close connection operation.  Also, I would assume the inactconns to be short lived and the inactconns variable to fluxuate somewhat.  While I assume the activeconns variable is the total number of activeconns to the cluster, ie established connections.  It would also be nice to know the timeout period for each of these connections, ie how long does an active conn take idleing to be removed, and the activeconns variable decremented.

Please excuse any excessive ignorance on my part, my personal area of greater understanding is file systems and networking code can be somewhat odd at times.