taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is in another sub n

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is in another sub net
From: "Madhav" <msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 15:40:17 +0530
Hi all,
    When I am trying to connect to my LVS-NAT VIP 172.16.31.71 from client
with ip 172.16.1.4( it was in a diff. floor and so it has to go through main
switch), it was taking a long time when compared with the time it takes to
connect to the VIP from a client in the same sub net as LVS-NAT cluster(e.g.
an address like172.16.31.74).
    Here is my setup.I have used two directors for my LVS-heartbeat-mon
setup: master-172.16.31.72, slave-172.16.31.73 and two real servers with
10.1.10.25 and 10.1.10.26.
    I am guessing that RARP resolution is causing the delay, because both
IPs 172.16.31.71(VIP for LVS) and  172.16.31.72(RIP for master director) are
claiming the same ethernet address( when the VIP is attached to the master
director) . If this is the reason how can I reduce this? and if not please
tell me what is causing this delay.

Thanks for any help.
Madhav