Re: taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is in another

To: Madhav <msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is in another subnet
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:00:35 -0400
Madhav wrote:

> Hi all,
>     When I am trying to connect to my LVS-NAT VIP 172.16.31.71 from client
> with ip 172.16.1.4( it was in a diff. floor and so it has to go through main
> switch), it was taking a long time when compared with the time it takes to
> connect to the VIP from a client in the same sub net as LVS-NAT cluster(e.g.
> an address like172.16.31.74).

It sounds like an authorisation problem (eg tcp wrappers is waiting for
identification from the owner of the client process).

Are you running the demon on the realserver from inetd, is it running under
a wrapper/requires identd/auth? Do you have the same delay when you connect
to the realserver through the director, when the director has LVS turned
off and the director is only forwarding?