Re: taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is inanother su

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: taking long time to connect to LVS-NAT VIP if client is inanother sub net
From: "Madhav" <msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 11:25:23 +0530
Hi,

> Hello,
>
> On Thu, 18 May 2000, Madhav wrote:
>
> > Hi,

> > client
> > main
> > cluster(e.g.
LVS-heartbeat-mon
> > both
> > are
> > master
> > please
> > >
> > > You have two machines on the network with the same IP address?
> >
> > NO NO.. A machine has two IP addresses.
> > I should have said ARP resolution I suppose. I am not very sure. Anyway
here
> > is the senario. The the address 172.16.31.72 is the eth0 address of my
> > director1 or master and 172.16.31.71 is the eth0 alias of the same
machine.
> > So the director machine has two IPs. That is what it should be in
LVS.right?
> > I have installed a qmail server in both the real servers over NFS. LVS
is
> > providing load balance for mail  server.
> >     When I connect to the LVS VIP through netscape from a client, which
is
> > in the same subnet as that of LVS, it is connecting immediately. But
when I
> > am trying to connect from a client in another subnet, whose IP is
> > 172.16.1.4, it is taking a very long time( nearly 30 seconds). How can I
> > reduce this delay when the client is in a different subnet. Is there any
way
> > we can hide the eth0 address. Thst solves the problem I guess.
>
> If this is only a delay what about DNS or IDENT problems?
> Could be that the IDENT protocol used from the mailers causing
> the problems? If Yes, You have to stop using IDENT. The LVS >HOWTO
> includes information about the IDENT problems. If this is not
I just checked the LVS-HOWTO it is a very big doc. I am going to look into
it. Thanks.
> the problem you have to show us a picture of your devices, IPs,
> routes, etc.
Here is the picture of my LVS-NAT
                        -----------
                       |                |
                       | client       | if client IP is 172.16.1.4 then it
is very slow
                       |________| if it is 172.16.31.74 then it is very
fast.

                       Virtual IP(172.16.31.71) (eth0 alias)
___________________________________________________________________  LAN
                        ____|_____
_____|_____
                       |                    | (director has 2 NICs)
|                    | (director has 2 NICs)
                       | director1     | eth0:172.16.31.72                |
director2  | eth0:172.16.31.73
                       |__________| eth1:10.1.10.100
|__________| eth1:10.1.10.50

HUB ----------------------------------------------------------------------
         |                                  |
    | realserver1      |    | realserver2       |
  10.1.10.25                10.1.10.26

Hope this helps to help me.

Thanks,
Madhav