Re: realserver1 redirects to realserver2 :-(

To: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: realserver1 redirects to realserver2 :-(
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, proellt@xxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 10:40:03 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Thomas Proell wrote:

> > Is the telnet connection to the realserver dependant on having
> > a telnet entry in ipvsadm?
>
> Oooop - by god - NO!
> My client adresses directly to the realserver? Why? What?

This is the real problem, your LVS isn't working.

You can either hack your way through your setup or you can get my script
off the website (it's on the Docs page), which can setup TP on the
director and realservers with VS-TUN forwarding for telnet. It doesn't
have failover etc, but it will does some elementary checks to see if
you've set it up properly.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx