RE: ip tunnelling to lvs clusters doing direct routing with VIP? (clarif

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: ip tunnelling to lvs clusters doing direct routing with VIP? (clarification)
From: "Jeffrey A Schoolcraft" <jschoolc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 12:01:09 -0400
Sorry about the last message, I guess I sound like a crack baby or
something.

Let me explain myself a little more clearly.

I am setting up two POP in two geographically seperate locations, we'll use
NY and VA.  At each POP I will have one LVS server listening on a VIP and
serving to 2-5 web servers on a private local net.

I understand that through tunnelling I could have one central lvs manage all
the servers in both NY and VA.  However I would like to have one LVS send
requests to two VIPs, one in NY and VA.  I think it would make my setup a
little more modular, even if it did add an extra hop to the servers.

So my thoughts are that if I set up the head node LVS to do tunnelling, and
had the "real servers" be the VIP address of the node lvs' then I should
pretty much have it.  Is this correct or am I totally off base?

Thanks,

Jeffrey Schoolcraft