Re: Verisign Certs

To: "David D.W. Downey" <david.downey@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Verisign Certs
Cc: Linux Virtual Server Mail List <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:37:55 -0400
"David D.W. Downey" wrote:

> Hey all,
>     The company is looking into adding on a Verisign certificate. Are there
> any issues with this?
> At the moment the one thing I've had trouble with in this is that the server
> handles multiple domains coming through the VIP. How would I handle getting
> ALL the domains their own certificate?

I take it you don't mean how to get a certificate from Verisign (ans=fill in
one of the worst html forms on the internet)

I assume you mean something like "what do you need certificate wise to set
up lots of https sites". You need a certificate for each website. The
certificate is for the name, not the IP. You have multiple LVS real-servers
all with the same name, all using copies of the same certificate. Before you
spend all your money, set up some self-signed certificates  from the
Snake Oil Co.