Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
From: "Ivan Figueredo" <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 01:50:40 -0600
Julian,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Julian Anastasov" <ja@xxxxxx>
To: "Ivan Figueredo" <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 3:06 PM

> Hello,
>
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, Ivan Figueredo wrote:
>
> > Julian,
> >
> > If your time allows, please give me *very* specific instructions on what
> > type and I will get the output to you right away.
>
> On client, director and real server:
>
> tcpdump -len net 192.168.168.0 mask 255.255.255.0

Two of my hosts are linux, but the client is an NT machine. I do not see a
tcpdump anywhere. It is probably called something else. I will see if I can
find it, but if you beat me to it, send it my way.

> analyze the MAC addresses from the outputs. Are they the
> expected. We want to see the ICMP messages too, not only the TCP
> packets. Before each test run the following command on each host:
>
> echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/route/flush

Again, I can do this on the director and realserver, but not client. Is this
necessary on NT client?

> We want to see the possible ICMP redirect generated from the director.
>
> > Sorry, I do not have the expertise you require.
> >
> > Ivan
>

> Regards

Ivan