Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
From: "Ivan Figueredo" <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 00:48:47 -0600
That works! Now, I see *no* problems whatsoever. IMHO, this is a big win in
getting LVS up FAST and should be part of the mini-how-to!! I will be
testing for Julian to see what the tcpdump stuff gives (and learn something
too!)

I will be attempting more "complex" settings next, ultimately moving it to a
production enviroment.

Next on my list is to add a secod real server. It would be easiest to use
the current director. I think I saw something about this in the How-To,
something about Julian getting code to work with it. Does this work yet, and
if so, how is it done?

Then, get mon working on this simple 1 Network LVS.

Then, as I already have the director and realserver communicating through
the serial port,  and I have to NICs on each UP, I assume that adding a
second director and using "heartbeat" between them to isn't to tough.

Finally, I think for me it is best to use VS-DRin my environment, as I have
a FBSD, Linux and Win2000 AS environment in production. I assume that for
VS-DR one *must* use the two network approach?

Thx Joe,

Regards,

Ivan