Re: can LVS be run ON the firewall box?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: can LVS be run ON the firewall box?
From: Brian Edmonds <bedmonds@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:41:32 -0800 (PST)
Douglas "F." Elznic <dfelznic@xxxxxxx> writes:
> One computer with two net cards one public one private. The computer
> does the NAT and the LVS. I don't care what implementation I have to
> use. This seems like the most logical way to do the LVS setup with
> NAT. Has no one else tried it this way???

As I've already said, this is exactly what I do[1], and it works just
fine.  But please don't ask me Redhat related questions, as I've set it
up with just the basic tools (lvs and linux-ha), and I don't know
anything about nanny, pulse, or whatever else the various companies are
doing on top of it.

Brian Edmonds, Web Operations Lead
Antarcti.ca Systems Incorporated

[1] On a somewhat larger scale.  We have two LVS/NAT routers, on
separate physical switches from our provider, both with two internal
interfaces[2], and all real servers have two interfaces.  All to help
eliminate single points of failure while still using cheap hardware.
Any network card, switch port, or entire switch or router goes out and
the cluster continues to function.

[2] The routers have four internal interfaces actually, for future
expansion if required. :)