Re: nfs mounted web dierstories?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: nfs mounted web dierstories?
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 08:08:29 -0400 (EDT)
On 27 Apr 2001, Doug Elznic wrote:

> Hello,
> I am having some trouble getting my developers to get used to ftping
> their files twice to get the two real servers in sync. How are other
> people keeping their server in sync. And what are the performance
> implications for doing it your way? I have thought more about nfs lately
> but I am afraid that the nfs server will create a  bottlneck. And I know
> very little about coda's stability/performance. I saw the old survey but
> it was not very indepth about this.

We have a 5 real-server cluster, each has dual ethernet, one to the
Internet and one to a private LAN switch (cisco 3548XL).  The switch is
connect via gigabit to a Network Appliance NetFiler F720 (www.netapp.com)
(/home, /usr, /opt, /webspace) is mounted from the netfiler

You can also automate with rsync if you want to keep two seperate copies.

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division         Email: matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx
Crocker Communications                     Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710                                 Fax:   (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710                  http://www.crocker.com