Re: Using only 2 hosts w/LVS+heartbeat?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using only 2 hosts w/LVS+heartbeat?
Cc: Wil Cooley <wcooley@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jacques THOMAS <jacques.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:34:07 +0200
Wil Cooley a écrit :

> Thus spake Juri Haberland:
> >
> > I did this once as a proof of concept and it worked. It was a setup with two
> > machines both running heartbeat to ensure availability, LVS and apache. LVS
> > was controlled by heartbeat and balanced to itself and the other box. This
> > setup would have been easily expanded with more real servers (running
> > apache).
>
> Did you use IP tunnel, NAT, or DR?

As for myself, I've tried it again as a proof of concept with IP
tunelling.

For the moment, I'm working further on it, to bring it to production,
with the same goals that you seemed to express in your previous message
: start with only two machines, both capable of acting as the
load-balancer, and be able to expand it to more machines.

I'm all for writing a "micro-howto" on the subject :-)

If you need any help, don't hesitate to mail me directly.

Regards,

        Jacques THOMAS.