Re: MySQL Replication

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MySQL Replication
From: "Michael McConnell" <michaelm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 12:50:13 -0700
Paul, I see a few problems in the configuration you described.

You explained that I can kill the MySQL on the Master, tar it up, copy the
data to the Slave and activate it as the Slave. Unfortunately this is not
how MySQL works. MySQL requires that the Master and Slave be identical data
files, *IDENTICAL* that means the Master (tar file) cannot change before the
Slave comes online.

Mike