RE: the arp problem

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: the arp problem
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex-lvs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:51:30 +0200 (Jerusalem Standard Time)
BTW: I now see where I was wrong with the arp config i described earlier -
the howto is correct, I just somehow missed the first lines right there in
front of me.

#to activate the hidden feature
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden

i suppose this could happen to one who reads all the docs before starting an
install which includes compiling the kernel for the first time in his life.
The only thing i could suggest that maybe, the file

http://linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/route-noarp.txt

did include the description of using Julians patch without the
iproute2-noarp-1.diff

on the page http://linuxvirtualserver.org/~julian/

With respect,

Alex.