Re: transparent bridging ?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: transparent bridging ?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 08:22:41 -0400
"John P. Looney" wrote:

>     You have ten machines in a rack, all setup as servers for

yes, converting an already running set of machines into an LVS without breaking
service to the clients is a problem. Does this solution help?

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/Joseph.Mack/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO-25.html#ss25.6

> Install a pre-configured director into the rack, connect the switch to
> the director, take the uplink connection out of the switch, into the
> director,

hmm, I'm not sure what happened here (sleight of hand?).
I've forgotten what little I knew about transparent bridging.
How is transparent bridging involved here? What problem did it solve?

>  LART-like education is welcome, if this isn't the case.

didn't know about LART. Here it is explained for those of us
who've been living under a rock.

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/jargon/html/entry/LART.html