Webmin gui for lvs (was RE: How to set up the persistent connecti on in

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Webmin gui for lvs (was RE: How to set up the persistent connecti on in the configure script)
From: Paul Lantinga <prl@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:28:17 -0400

> > But I still wanna know how to set persistent connection in
> the configure
> > script.
>
> can't do it. You can save your ipvsadm setup with
> ipvsadm-save and add the
> persistent options, then use ipvsadm-restore

Although we are still doing testing of it, so far, the webmin LVS module works quite well - and it lets you set persistence.  Is anyone else using webmin for admin of lvs or mon or hearbeat or whatever?  The fact that you can use the perl SSL module with webmin means you get a secure connection w/o having to run SSL from apache.

Given what I perceive as 'interest' on this list in a gui mgr for lvs, I'd be interested in hearing what others are using as gui's.  While ipvsadm is relatively easy to use, it has to be run locally, which isn't always appropriate.

> > And how to setup the filter rule also.
>
> you'll have to learn about iptables.

I found a work in progress iptables webmin module that I have yet to try at: http://www.niemueller.de/webmin/modules/iptables/

Hrmmm, Niemueller, isn't that name rather infamous in the annals of hacking history?  ;)

regards,

Paul LANtinga.