Problem with e100 driver and W2K Clients !

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with e100 driver and W2K Clients !
From: Christian Jacobsen <cjacobsen@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:35:46 +0200 (MEST)
Hallo,

is anybody using the Intel e100 Driver on an LVS Server ?

I am using Piranha which is similar to LVS. The problem is probably the
same.

With an NT4 Client everything is OK, but with W2K and W9x it does not work
!?

Details :
At the moment (test) 1 LVS with NAT and 2 Real Servers. LVS Server has 2
Networkcards - 1 public on private. Kernel 2.4.7-10, ipvsadm-1.18-8 and
piranha-0.6.0-19

With the Standard eepro100 driver from Kernel 2.4.7-10 it works. But wenn i
compile and install the e100 Driver Version 1.6.22-1 from Compaq Website or
with the newest 1.8.38 from Intel it only works with NT4 Clients !?
Windows 95 or Windows 2000 Clients does not work.

With tcpdump on LVS Server and a W2K Client we see that with the eepro100
driver
the Destination host is changed to the realserver. With the e100 driver the
destination is NOT changed, it is still the VIP Adress !

The question is why ?

Why e100 driver :
We are using Compaq Servers with On-board Intel PRO/100 Network card. And
wants to use the managment functions of the e100 driver.

Thank you in advance :)

Christian

http://www.gmx.net