Re: Syncing user accounts between server

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Syncing user accounts between server
From: "Matthew S. Crocker" <matthew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 17:06:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 7 Sep 2002, Chris A. Kalin wrote:

Instead of using NIS, or NIS+ I use LDAP for all my customer information
records.  I store, Radius, Qmail, DHCP, DNS, and Apache Virtual Host
information in my LDAP server.  We have a couple LDAP slaves and have all
servers query the LDAP servers for info.  Radius, Qmail are real time,
everything else is updated via a script.

To replicate NIS functions in LDAP check out www.padl.com.  They have a
schema and migration tool set

-Matt