Re: Rif: Re: Kernel oops and subsequent crash with IPVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Rif: Re: Kernel oops and subsequent crash with IPVS
From: "Alex Kramarov" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:14:13 +0200
well, redhat accustomes ppl to use their rpm's and i (and lot's of others)
find it convinient, not to mention that to use a custom kernel with redhat
may prove troublesome, as i found out from my own mistakes.

I think that not providing at least documentation how to easely compile the
latest ipvs for their distribution is a mistake. I do agree that compiling
modules for every platform and distribution can be a little too much. I
personally reached the conclusion from redhat's kernel releases (where if
there is a problem with a module, you have to install a new kernel from
them, and not just to update the module) that they are inifficient - it
would be good if one could just install an rpm of a module, and remove the
ones he doesn't need. But anyway, right now RH is my choice, and i adapt to
it. Why don't make it easyer for others ?

Alex.