Re: hardware suggestion ...

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: hardware suggestion ...
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:43:47 +0100
Ciao Vecna,

I'm especially honoured to see you on this mailinglist. I love BFi and I will personally make sure you get premium support while setting up LVS. (Although I do not think you'll need it).

hi :) I need set a network load balancer with LVS, I've on input
two gigabit interface and in output more or less ten 100 M/bit
interface ... what's hardware (intel based) you could suggest to me ?

It depends on how you would like to deploy the system. Do you want to use LVS-NAT or LVS-DR mode? Are those 2 GB NICs planned for redundant Internet access? A board I recommend in conjunction with such a setup is the Intel Server Board SE7500WV2. But Intel plans on putting out even better boards now.

How many RS do you plan on using? Do you want to load balance the 10x 100MBit/s NICs with Intels NIC load balancing infrastructure?

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc