Re: LVS-DR where Directors are also Realservers

Subject: Re: LVS-DR where Directors are also Realservers
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 05:53:04 -0400
Horms wrote:

> > While you're rearranging everything, will you be able to have firewall
> > rules at the same time (ie handle the Antefacto patch problem)?
>
> Generally speaking you can have neftfilter rules in place.
> One of the cood things about having LVS where it is (LOCAL IN)
> is that a lot of the netfilter hooks get passed through
> on a packets journey to LVS. I must confess that I have not
> played with this heavily but isn't the main problem that
> you can't use connection tracking because LVS does its own.
> Isn't this the problem that the antefacto patches address?

haven't dealt with it myself. I thought iptables filter rules
could collide with ip_vs rules under certain circumstances.
Julian seems to understand the problem.

Ben, Vinnie, Julian, what's the problem here?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx