Re: Java-Solved, SNMP?

Subject: Re: Java-Solved, SNMP?
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 06:52:29 -0400
Florian Rommel wrote:

> Now onto my next question. I am looking for a wy of monitoring the
> Loadbalancer via snmp. We have a monitoring system built around rrdtool
> and i would like to add there things like if both real servers are up,
> or if one is down etc. seen from the LVS. maybe connections would be
> nice too. I have looked at the ucd-snmp module that is on LVS's homepage
> but alas it will not compile , which could also mean that I am running
> newer version that what it was written for.

I'm not SNMP-able and from the amount of work that has been put into the MIB
etc
I'm not surprised to hear the MIB etc is out of date.

(BTW The ucd-snmp package seems to have been replaced by net-snmp,
and the code which ran with ucd-snmp needs to have it's calls
changed to run with net-snmp - the editing is all obvious)

It would be nice to have this properly maintained and running with rrd etc.
>From the small number of postings on this mailing list on the topic, it
would seem that you're the best person qualified on the matter. This
is just the nature of collectively run projects like LVS - it only
gets done if someone does it. If you want to fix it and get LVS running
and documented with rrd, I'm sure lots of people will be glad to use it.

Thanks Joe

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx