Re: LVS-TUN not working

Subject: Re: LVS-TUN not working
From: "Jacob Coby" <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 19:06:54 -0500
> Joseph,
>
> It's 0.
> So in order for LVS-TUN to work, you gotta do a:
> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/tunl0/rp_filter

I haven't been following this thread, and I appologize if this is redundant.

Could you do me a favor, and turn rp_filter ON, and ping the VIP with both
normal sized ping packets, and very large ( > MTU).  And then, turn
rp_filter OFF and try it again?

I'm thinking this is the reason I was having trouble getting lvs-tun to work
with packets > the MTU.  rp_filter is about the only proc entry I didn't
lookup and try fiddling with.

from the adv-routing HOWTO [1]:

".. if a packet arrived on the Linux router on eth1
claiming to come from the Office+ISP subnet, it would be dropped. Similarly,
if a packet came from the Office subnet, claiming to be from somewhere
outside your firewall, it would be dropped also."

I think LVS-TUN packets claim to be from the outside world, but come from
the subnet, don't they?

-Jacob
1. http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Adv-Routing-HOWTO