RE: VIP Binding

Subject: RE: VIP Binding
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:54:08 -0800
>       Unfortunately Heartbeat got me into trouble in the first place.
> My ISP detected ARP stuff happening on the switch and decided
> to unbind
> the IP address.

Oh I see.  What a bunch of paranoid bastards :).  Hmm actually this is a
good thing for you long term, you know you can trust the ISP to be on top of
things.  Well if you aren't using heartbeat then it should be fine.

>       The outside world can ping the VIP. The director's
> connection to
> the Real Server is alive and working fine but when I connect from an
> external browser it locks up.
>
>       What do you think is the easiest/quickest way to
> proceed? Should I
> go for a complete re-install (heartbeat included)?

You need to start doing tcpdumps and see where the packets are hanging.  I
wouldn't start all over.